Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving...That Time of Year


When the end of November rolls around, it just makes you feel warm and cozy. It truly is that time of year when we reflect on the last year, reveling in the good and learning from the bad, and giving thanks for both.
We have so much to be thankful for this year. Four beautiful healthy foals, four beautiful broodmares happy to rejoin their herd after a summer of close mothering, the remembering of our wonderful border collie Tess who passed away in August, new friends acquired, new places we've gone, and the view of next year is wonderful.
Thanks so much Everyone, for helping us make a great year.
Let's give thanks. Drop a line to let us know what you're thankful for this year.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I realize this post is from Thanksgiving but wanted to comment anyway. What a lovely picture of Dolly, Solomon and your beloved Tess, who is so pretty and is what I liked most about the photo. I smiled when I saw her and she reminded me of my dog, Free, my very best friend, who also passed on, in April 2006. She was only part Border Collie but enough to make her a very smart 4legged!
I saved the photo, hoping I could use it for one of my blog articles sometimes. It moved me, this photo. I'd been looking at pictures of Morgan horses, and then I saw this one with Tess. It is my favorite.
If I did use the photo to go with an article I would link it to your site. Would this be okay?
I am so lucky today-- I will meet a Morgan horse for the first time and take a lesson. I'm very excited.
I saw your link on the NYSMHS website. Thanks.